Bonjour tout le monde !
Going overseas? Are you travelling in France with your little ones and the bigger ones? Fantastic! This article is for you.
I (me, the French teacher loving kangaroos and koalas) am going to France in July to visit my family. I am SUPER MEGA exited but this time I have my toddler monkey coming with me. He loves moving and playing. So I did a bit of research and found children (and baby) friendly cafes in France.
Here is the list of the cafes (or restaurants) by cities. C’est parti!
1- The French capital PARIS, the romantic city, the Eiffel tower.
Let’s be honest: it is going to be difficult to travel with a pram in Paris. Anyway, last year, I went to Paris with my baby monkey and I had a light lunch at “La Poussette Café”. located in the 15th arrondissement. It is a beautiful café for Mums and bubs but a bit squeezy inside for the prams even if you have a pram car park. Everything has been thought for parents and babies: change table, kids menu, play area…
A new French mum has created a wonderful blog to travel in Paris with a pram (poussette in French). It is called “Ma poussette à Paris” . She has listed all the places where you can go with a pram. So my challenge in July is to test and to review some of the good cafes she has recommended.
What I am going to test:
- Le Cafezoide in the 19th arrondissement. It is a community café dedicated for babies and children.
- The hairdresser and beauty therapy boutique Mum and Babe located in the 11th arrondissement. You can have a haircut or a skin facial or massage and let your baby at the crèche with a childcare assistant. You can still watch your child because the crèche and the salon are just separated by a window. And the cost of the crèche is included in your haircut price. Ohhhh, that’s possible!
- Le café la fee at Noisy le Grand, in the North Suburbs of Paris. A café just for the little ones.
2- Lyon the second big French city well-known for food and… I’ve read some French mummy blogs and these are the recommended cafes:
- Le café pause poussette located in the centre of Lyon. Café for parents and children (from new born till 5 years old). Activities for the little ones.
- Le Ka’fête ô mômes is a community children café located in the 1st arrondissement of Lyon. It seems wonderful. And it has a “garderie” or after pre-school care for children between 4 to 6 years old from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.
3- Toulouse “la ville rose” (the rose city) in the South of France located between the Pyrenees and the Mediterranean Sea.
4- Lilles , (I think the 3rd city of France) located in the North of France has also some friendly babies-children cafes. One of them is Les potes en ciel .
5- Nantes: my FAVORITE city!!! There is a special atmosphere in this city.
Agnes a mum of three, living in Nantes, has a blog with all the activities that you can do with the kids: http://www.agnesblog.fr/. I had a look on the website “ Le café à l’Abordage” . It looks great. It is a café owned by a parent association called “à l’Abordage”. This café is totally dedicated to the parents and children.
I hope it is helpful. Any questions, contact me.